Day slips into night with Burberry Prorsum’s newest Resort 2014 collection. The brand’s Chief Creative Officer, Christopher Bailey, artfully teeters the fine hemline between naughty and nice by pairing transparent fabrics with elegant silhouettes. Each ensemble participates in a mature game of peek-a-boo, but the above look caught our eye, in a classic palette of black, white, and gray and detailed ornamentation. The getup features the collection’s signature luxe stretch lace in a form-fitting LBD. The solid bunching in the waistline helps suggest a one-piece undergarment, which gives the look a retro feel. Up top, the cashmere sweater brings a chic innocence to the outfit, with its oversized fit and jewel embellishments. The ’90s inspired white wedge peep toe booties brings the ensemble together and make us feel like a new and improved Spice Girl. For those of us that aren’t so keen on exhibiting our undies, don’t fret—the sheer pieces are sold with linings. We see you, Burberry.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again