For Resort 2015, Joseph Altuzarra, the newest recipient of the CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award, played with preppy chic. There was preppy yachting-chic, with high-waisted white trousers paired with a tucked-in navy blouse or navy peacoat with a patriotic red collar. Preppy office chic came in the form of chain link-decorated below-the-knee skirts accompanied by white button-downs and blazers (one blazer even had a gentleman’s scarf sewn around the collar). This was followed by preppy evening-chic, with the final floor-length, draped black gown. But Altuzarra is not Ralph Lauren, and even preppy Altuzarra girls are sexy girls—the kind who like to rock deep-v necklines and thigh-high slits. One of the most versatile pieces was the above black dress. Gathered together at the base of the ribs with a velvet bow, it’s drop-dead, dinner date gorgeous.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron