Fashion Week Questionnaire: Duckie Brown
Published February 13, 2009
For NY Fashion Week, Interview asked our favorite designers to respond to our questionnaire. Duckie Brown are Steven Cox and Daniel Silver. Their runway show is going on right now at the The Salon at Bryant Park. Before the photos of the show hit anywhere, we have the designers’ thoughts and anxieites, and some images they used for inspiration.
1. Inspiration this season
New York, the mountains, and covering up to keep warm (figure studies after the jump)
2. Who’s one person you know will be sitting front-row?
Steven’s brother Sean Cox and his wife Lisa. We love them and they are not able to make it too often to the show as they live in London.
3. How has NY changed since last Fashion Week?
Money money money. That’s all everyone is talking about. Not enough money.
4. What’s your uniform during Fashion Week?
Duckie Brown herringbone suite, a Duckie Brown black long cashmere sweater+florsheim by Duckie Brown electric blue brogues.
5. What do you have for breakfast during FW
A fruit smoothie with soy milk
6. Your worst habit during Fashion Week
Chewing my nails and smoking.
7. One show you are excited to see?
Preen—they’re from London!
8. The thing you’re most worried will happen during your show?
What is the the model’s pom-pom hats fall off?