As the sun enters hibernation and we are faced with months of gray and dismal skies, there’s nothing better than a little color pick-me-up. A vibrant mane is the surest cure for seasonal affective disorder. Celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Faith Hill and Kate Hudson trust celebrity colorist Negin Zand with their tresses, so we do, too; we asked Zand to do a little trend forecasting and let us know what this fall’s hottest colors will be.
“I think that this season for fall we are still going to see the ombre, just more subtle,” says Zand. “All in rich, shiny, almost edible colors.” For brunettes, that means “lots of deep, rich, chocolate cocoa brunettes.”
“The reds will be more auburn versus the lighter copper tones,” Zand continues. As for our fair-haired sisters: “The blondes will be more golden, versus white or platinum, and I think we will still see fun colors like pink and blue popping up here and there.” Which reminds us: if you want a new you, the easiest transformation is a dye job—put the needles down, ladies.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse