An Earth Day Bounty of Sustainable Beauty
Published April 21, 2011
While April is unofficially Earth Month, tomorrow is officially Earth Day. What does that mean? Essentially, it is a big happy birthday to Mother Earth, as well as a day to reflect on all that we’ve done to cause harm and all we can do to repair it. Going green, being conscious of your carbon footprint, making the switch to organic produce and other products—these are all easy and relatively painless ways to make a difference. But it goes far beyond organic or green. Sustainable living is when the natural life and human life are in symbiosis with one another—and this is where you really start to see a change.
There are so many ways to help: go to the official website, http://www.earthday.org/, and have a look around to see how you can evoke change. In the meantime, check out our slideshow, above, to see how some of our favorite beauty brands are giving back to Mother Nature. We call this sustainable beauty!
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show