PHOTOS BY ALICE LUBBOCK.
The Daks show, held at the Royal Opera House in London, began with a lot of lilac: pale for a flowing, silk plissé vest; shimmering, metallic-tinged for a hooded blouse; printed for a halter-neck top. As the show progressed, lilac turned to ice blue, cool silver, and, finally, white. Looks were ultra feminine in silhouette (cinched waists and slinky dresses), fabric (the aforementioned taffeta and silk), and detail (there were plenty of ruffles—one top consisted solely of ruffles given form by black ribbon—and appliqué flowers.)
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Thirstory: Diana Ross Is the Boss
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again