For his Spring/Summer 2016 menswear collection, Christopher Shannon added a new gender-bending element to his signature experimental sportswear. With shorts as sheer as they were short, and bikini-tops-a-accessories inter-spliced with sports whistles, the collection challenged traditional notions of masculinity and femininity. Zippo lighters emblazoned with “Shannon” and disposables engraved with “Damaged” and “Needy” decorated the knitwear.
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet