ABOVE: JESSICA ALBA, CHARLOTTE RONSON, AND LEIGH LEZARK AT THE CHARLOTTE RONSON AFTER PARTY.
If you can tell anything about a person from her friends, it speaks volumes about Charlotte Ronson that her Spring/Summer 2014 presentation at Lincoln Center this past weekend was overflowing not only with virtually every downtown It-girl (Leigh Lezark, Holland Roland, Mia Moretti, Caitlin Moe, Angela Simmons, Harley Viera-Newton, Cory Kennedy) but also actresses and out-of-towners: Rashida Jones, AnnaSophia Robb, Kate Nash, and Jessica Alba.
“This season I’m inspired by a Parisian girl in New York,” Ronson told us. “She has a quintessential offbeat glamour, encapsulated by a tousled sex appeal that is part tomboy and part bookworm.” The designer also cited Jean Seberg’s insouciant gamine in Jean-Luc Godard’s iconic French New Wave film Breathless.
Ronson’s French girl in the big city is on-trend with graphic black and white prints as well as pastels reinterpreted in the style of the ’60s Pop-art cutouts that Twiggy loved. From demure schoolgirl Peter Pan collars to a go-go white leather mini dress, Ronson’s clean-line collection is, in spite of it’s throwback references, refreshingly modern.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit