Don’t Mess With a Classic: UniQlo Cashmere
Published December 8, 2010
There are some holiday classics that are not to be messed with. I’ve been a fan of UniQlo cashmere sweaters since they first opened in New York. Not only is the price just right, but these fast-fashion knits stand up to daily wear better than some of their designer counterparts. Recently I needed to buff my collection of basic colors and, once in the store, discovered that the Japanese emporium had outdone themselves with updated versions of their instant classics.
First of all, it comes in all the basic perfect neutral colors—deep navy, sweatshirt grey, and rich black—which you will keep forever. Then there are equally unforgettable Day-Glo brights: highlighter yellow and pink and electric blue, that will be right on trend come this spring. The gauge of the cashmere is a perfect balance of coziness and versatility, and dresses up and down in equal measure. And as for the measurements: with a Japanese sensibility, these sweaters are fitted but not tight; a little short without looking cropped. Collect ’em all!
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again