When Johan Lindeberg first settled in New York to start BLK DNM a year ago, he told us he “wanted to create the brand around downtown New York, because I’m very inspired by the energy.” Lindeberg is clearly sticking to BLK DNM’s raison d’être; today the brand launches a new, slightly badass lambskin leather jacket, which combines the two staples of downtown style—menswear and leather. “I love it when women wear men’s leather jackets… Longer, stronger… it’s a powerful look,” Lindeberg tells us. “Proportions can be difficult, though.” Enter Lindeberg’s solution, “Leather Jacket 8,” which has menswear details such as dropped, quilted shoulders and feminine tailoring (no need to roll up the sleeves on this jacket!).
As part of Jacket 8’s launch, Lindeberg shot nine downtown favorites, including Chloe Sevigny, Stella Schnabel, Juliette Lewis and Ami Sioux rocking out the jacket according to their various tastes. “Nine women whose strength and integrity I admire,” explains Lindeberg.
Leather Jacket 8 launches today at the BLK DNM boutiques.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy