The Met Ball’s Best and Worst-Tressed
Published May 3, 2011
The Met Ball is often considered the “Super Bowl of Fashion” or the “Oscars of the East Coast,” and, wow, was last night a fashionable fete. The 2011 Costume Institute Gala Benefit paid homage to the “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibition and the stars—and other fashionable notables—came out in droves to celebrate. Hosted by Salma Hayek, her husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Stella McCartney, Colin Firth, and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, the fashion was a spectacle of artistry and design. But this post isn’t about the fashion (there’s enough coverage on that already), it’s about the faces—the hair and makeup that strutted through the Metropolitan Museum of Art last night. Click through the slideshow above for our annual best and worst-tressed!
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation