The Met Ball’s Best and Worst-Tressed
Published May 3, 2011
The Met Ball is often considered the “Super Bowl of Fashion” or the “Oscars of the East Coast,” and, wow, was last night a fashionable fete. The 2011 Costume Institute Gala Benefit paid homage to the “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” exhibition and the stars—and other fashionable notables—came out in droves to celebrate. Hosted by Salma Hayek, her husband Francois-Henri Pinault, Stella McCartney, Colin Firth, and Vogue editor Anna Wintour, the fashion was a spectacle of artistry and design. But this post isn’t about the fashion (there’s enough coverage on that already), it’s about the faces—the hair and makeup that strutted through the Metropolitan Museum of Art last night. Click through the slideshow above for our annual best and worst-tressed!
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November