Images courtesy of Risto Bimbiloski.
He may consider knitwear to be his trademark-that’s what Louis Vuitton hired him to do-but it’s galactic prints that are getting all the attention these days. When Risto Bimbiloski presented his Spring 2009 collection, “Hypernova,” Anouck Lepere became self-appointed ambassadress for the standout print of the collection-colorfully starry images from the Hubble telescope juxtaposed against a black silk background-wearing the print on pants and dresses backstage at Paris Fashion Week and at Lanvin cocktail parties.
After seeing Bimbiloski’s astral patterns on Anouck, Angela Lindvall was snapped wearing one of his dresses backstage at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The eco-conscious model appreciated the designer’s use of sustainable fibers and dyes, and his employment of women in his native Macedonia to sew his wares. Third-world meets out-of-this-world.
See more of Fashionologie by clicking here.
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse