Alice Dellal is an heiress, gallery owner, punk-rock drummer, model and member of the Alex Wang Gang. Now, the multi-hyphenate has just been confirmed as the muse for Chanel’s new “Boy” bag. Not a surprising choice when you consider Karl Lagerfeld’s muse-roster of quirky head-turners and heiresses: the gapped-toothed beauties Vanessa Paradis and Georgia Jagger, fantastic Daphne Guinness, and gothic Leigh Lezark.
What is surprising, however, is Mr Lagerfeld’s styling of Dellal for the ad campaign. Though Dellal is generally associated with a more hard-edged, androgynous glamour—she is, after all, the girl responsible for the trend of shaving the left side of your head—the first photo of the shoot reveals a decidedly feminine Dellal wearing a floaty white dress and sitting in a rather rococo boudoir holding a silver quilted version of the bag, the first incarnation of which debuted in August.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward