Alice Dellal is an heiress, gallery owner, punk-rock drummer, model and member of the Alex Wang Gang. Now, the multi-hyphenate has just been confirmed as the muse for Chanel’s new “Boy” bag. Not a surprising choice when you consider Karl Lagerfeld’s muse-roster of quirky head-turners and heiresses: the gapped-toothed beauties Vanessa Paradis and Georgia Jagger, fantastic Daphne Guinness, and gothic Leigh Lezark.
What is surprising, however, is Mr Lagerfeld’s styling of Dellal for the ad campaign. Though Dellal is generally associated with a more hard-edged, androgynous glamour—she is, after all, the girl responsible for the trend of shaving the left side of your head—the first photo of the shoot reveals a decidedly feminine Dellal wearing a floaty white dress and sitting in a rather rococo boudoir holding a silver quilted version of the bag, the first incarnation of which debuted in August.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy