Alexander Wang Does Condoms, Puns Abound
Published February 8, 2009
When I was in high school, I insisted on going to my Planned Parenthood practitioner instead of a regular doctor, because my gyno was more in tune and laid back than any GP I’d ever encountered. I keep that story with me whenever ladies get Planned Parenthood anxiety, but now Proper Attire has done them one better. Geared towards young, fashion-conscious, sexually active adults, the project first called upon womenswear sophisticate Yigal Azrouel to design condom wrappers and sexually aware T-shirts to debut at last fall’s New York Fashion Week.
For this coming (no pun intended) March, the Planned Parenthood offshoot has asked impresario Alexander Wang to be the next cutting edge designer to tackle the condom’s packaging. Wang is a great pick: not only does his name offer yet another pun, but the prophylactic premiers at his Fall/Winter 09 presentation, which falls on Valentine’s Day. And Alexander’s simple, understated design is something that even the most clinic-phobic gal can, um, get behind.
Above, Sarah Jessica Parker holds Proper Attire condoms. Anna Wintour has none of it.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show