Weekend News Roundup! Posh is Preggers; A Verizon iPhone; Zanessa’s Back On
Published January 10, 2011
ANDREW GARFIELD HAS NEVER SEEN NEVER LET ME GO. YOU SHOULD SEE IT, ANDREW! IT’S PRETTY GOOD!
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture (and other) news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head, and at least 17 other people were shot as well, at a Tucson, AZ grocery store on Saturday. Six have been confirmed dead, not including Giffords, who was critically injured but is now conscious and communicating. The purported gunman, Jared Lee Loughner, has a long and strange Internet history suggesting a distrust of government and a belief in mind control. [Roundup of items at NYM]
• Victoria Beckham is pregnant and due to deliver in the summer. This is her fourth child with husband David Beckham (they have three boys: Brooklyn, Romeo, and Cruz), so consider this your warning that the “Baby Spice” joke you’re thinking up has already been made three times over. [Us]
• The weekend’s box office was underwhelming: True Grit won it with a $15M gross, bringing its total up to over $110M (against a $38M budget). Little Fockers was in the #2 spot, with $13.8M; Season of the Witch opened in third with $10.7M. Tron Legacy and Black Swan finished out the top five. [Box Office Mojo]
• Verizon will have a press event tomorrow, the purpose of which will almost certainly be to announce that they’ll be offering iPhone service starting at the end of January. [WSJ]
• Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens are reportedly back together; they were seen dancing and snuggling at the Hollywood opening of a club called Eden. Brittany Snow and Jesse McCartney were also there—remember him?! [P6]
• Do you want to see Natalie Portman’s engagement ring, or will it make you depressed? Either way, here it is. [People]
• Andrew Garfield has seen The Social Network, but he hasn’t seen Never Let Me Go. In this respect, Andrew Garfield is a whole lot like millions of other people. [THR]
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress