REST IN PEACE, WHITNEY.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Whitney Houston was found dead in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton on Saturday. She was 48. [NYT]
• The Grammys were last night, and this one British girl, Adele, dunno if you’ve heard of her, she’s kind of under the radar, tied the record number of wins with six. Kanye West, Foo Fighters, and Skrillex also won a bunch, and Bon Iver won best new artist, which is hilarious and stupid. Seriously, though, you should check out Adele. She’s going to be huge. [EW]
• The BAFTAs happened! All the likely candidates (The Artist, Streep, Dujardin, etc.) won. [Deadline]
• Holy crap, The Vow made $41.7M to win the box office this weekend. Did not see that coming. Safe House, Journey 2, and the 3D Star Wars rerelease also opened strong with $39.3M, $27.6M, and $23M, respectively, and Chronicle closed out the top five with $12.3M. Big weekend! [BOM]
• Mazel tov to socialite and Interview pal Fabiola Beracasa, who is pregnant. [NYP]
• If you’ve been wishing and praying that Rodarte would just start making shoes already, you’re in luck! They’ll debut at the Mulleavy sisters’ runway show tomorrow. [The Cut/NYM]