SEAN PENN, THE ORIGINAL PAPARAZZI FOE.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Miss New York was crowned Miss America, the first woman of Indian descent to win the title. Ignorant racists took to Twitter. [CNN]
• Miley Cyrus unfollowed her own fiancé, Liam Hemsworth, on Twitter, which definitely probably means something. [E!]
• Lindsay Lohan’s sideboob went to visit her mom. [E!]
• Insidious Chapter 2 won the weekend box office with $41 million, trailed by The Family, some mobster comedy starring Robert De Niro we’ve only just heard of, which took in $14.5 million. [BOM]
• Following in the footsteps of Alec Baldwin, Britney Spears, and Sean Penn, Kanye West was charged with battery for attacking a paparazzo… Now there’s a support group we’d like to attend. [People]
• An overzealous Beyoncé fan almost pulled her into the audience at a show in Brazil. No one touches Queen Bey. [THR]
• Britney Spears released her new track, “Work Bitch,” a song with a beautiful message about the benefits of good, old-fashioned hard work. [Rolling Stone]
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Lisa Rinna Welcomes Denise Richards to ‘Real Housewives’ With Her Best Tips for Surviving a Season
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup