Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The police—especially the L.A.P.D.—don’t have the best reputation as far as not-being-terrible-racists, but wow. African-American Actress Danièle Watts was handcuffed under suspicion of being a prostitute when she was out with her white husband. [THR]
• There is an institution of higher learning in Kentucky named Transylvania University. [E!]
• And more idiocy, this time from Urban Outfitters, who thought it was appropriate to make a Kent State University sweatshirt with bloodstains on it—you know, because of the students who were killed by Ohio state officials during a 1970 protest against the Vietnam War. [People]
• No Good Deed won the box office, with Guardians of the Galaxy falling to the number three spot. [BOM]
• Jay Z and Beyoncé made another promotional video. Expect another two shortly. [Pitchfork]
• Rumors that Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin are dating continue. [The Daily Mail]
• The Imitation Game won the People’s Award at the Toronto International Film Festival. [TIFF]