BAD, BAD, JUSTIN BIEBER
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The odds are ever in our favor: There’s a new Hunger Games: Catching Fire trailer out. Peeta’s cheekbones! Phillip Seymour Hoffman! Dystopian future-pasts! [USA Today]
• Speaking of the end of days, Justin Bieber went to the Anne Frank house. Look at the pictures. Look at what he wrote in the guestbook. No. [Gawker]
• Fergie is having a baby, and has such romantic, insightful and not at all distasteful things to say about her husband and the process. [People]
• 42 was the highest-grossing film at the box office this weekend, making $27,250,000. Fun fact: that’s 779 times what Jackie Robinson was paid at the height of his career. [BOM]
• Aubrey Plaza silently Kanye-d Will Ferrell at the MTV Movie Awards last night. MTV says it was unplanned, but it seems sort of contrived. We’ll let you decide for yourself. [Vulture]
• Hundred Acre Hood: The Post sends an undercover reporter in a Winnie the Pooh costume to Times Square. We quote: “One Cookie Monster poked Pooh in the face with his mitt and said sarcastically, ‘Good costume, man.'” [NY Post]