TILDA NEEDS A NAP.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Tilda Swinton is currently sleeping in a box at MoMA, on and off, on the schedule of “whenever she feels like it.” Even employees don’t get a heads-up that she’s coming in until the day of. The first performance was Saturday, and the rest will be unannounced, but there will be about six of them between now and the end of the year. [Gothamist]
• Victoria Beckham is definitely, absolutely, for sure not rejoining the Spice Girls if and when they reunite—so the other four are going to find someone to take her place, possibly via reality show. Which is the only way anything gets done nowadays, really. [DR]
• Beyoncé and Blue Ivy were out and about in Brooklyn for brunch this weekend, and dawwww look at the widdle Timbs! [Bossip]
• The Croods, apparently a film that exists, won the weekend box office with $44.7M. Olympus Has Fallen took second place with $30.5M, followed by Oz the Great and Powerful at $22M and The Call with $8.7M. Admission opened in fifth with a yikes-inducing $6.4M. [BOM]
• Love exists! After 28 years together, Mark Badgley and James Mischka got married at City Hall on Friday. [WWD]
• My Chemical Romance broke up. We have nothing else to say about this. [Vulture/NYM]
• Jared Leto nonchalantly revealed recently that a fan once cut his or her ear off and sent it to Jared Leto in the mail. There is literally no band good enough to do this for, and if there were, 30 Seconds to Mars would not be that band. What do you think that poor, one-eared sap is up to now? [NME]