Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Not all paparazzi are soul-sucking, heartless jerks. This one bought Hugh Jackman’s son a toy in Berlin. [E!]
• Even discerning television critic Adam Lambert and a handful of other celebrities agreed that the Breaking Bad finale was pretty good. [USA Today]
• Speaking of Breaking Bad, some diehard fans in Connecticut called 911 last night when the cable went out shortly before the series finale. Sounds reasonable enough. [Gawker]
• You don’t mess with computer-animated sequels. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 won the weekend box office with $35 million followed by Prisoners with $11.2 million and Rush with $10.3 million. [BOM]
• At last the force can be with us! Some Harvard and MIT physicists have put their brilliance to good use and figured out how to make real-life lightsabers. [The Guardian]
• Steven Tyler gets one free taco or burrito every day for a year with his Chipotle Burrito Card. Hey Chipotle, how do mortals get a Burrito Card? [TMZ]
• As if the mere existence of a Dumb and Dumber sequel wasn’t exciting enough, Jennifer Lawrence has a cameo. [People]