THE BEAN SPILLER
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Well, that didn’t last long. Matt Damon is returning to the Bourne franchise with a new film directed by Paul Greengrass slated for release in 2016. Ben Affleck spilled the beans. [THR]
• Rupert Friend, aka Quinn from Homeland, is making his feature-film directorial debut. He directed a short in 2010 starring his then-girlfriend Keira Knightley, good friend Tom Mison, and Colin Firth.
• According to rumor (or the Daily Mail), the reason Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury never finished recording their duet “Their Must Be More to Life Than This” is that Jackson brought his pet chimpanzee (Bubbles) to the studio and Mercury got weirded out and left. This does not seem like a bad reason. [Daily Mail]
• Big Hero 6 won the box office. Interstellar did pretty well too. [BOM]
• Iggy Azalea and Nick Young bought Selena Gomez’s house in Los Angeles. [Curbed LA]
• You can now say the word “pussy” on Comedy Central. [Vulture]
• N.E.R.D came out to play during Pharrell’s set at Odd Future’s Flog Gnaw Carnival. [Pitchfork]
Sorry. No data so far.