Weekend News Roundup! Blake Lively and Taran Killam Are Married (Not to Each Other)
THE OLD BALL AND CHAIN.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• After a year of dating, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds got married on Sunday in South Carolina. She wore Marchesa, he wore Hugo Boss, and 70 guests had to check their cell phones at the door. They are expected (by us) to live in a beige house and spend hours and hours each night combing one another’s hair. [NYDN]
• Ruh roh! John Mayer has been implicated in a $100 million Ponzi scheme run by the currently incarcerated Frederick Darren Berg. Mayer allegedly received up to $465,000 in funny money money as payment for a performance, and, to be fair to the singer, isn’t believed to have known about his role in Berg’s dirty dealing. [P6/NYP]
• The Possession and Lawless kept their spots at the top of the weekend box office, with a boring $9.5M and $6M, respectively. The Words opened with a piddly $5M, and The Expendables 2 and The Bourne Legacy brought in a barely-worth-mentioning $4.8M and $4M. [BOM]
• Another celebrity wedding this weekend—and we bet it was more raucous than the Lively/Reynolds affair. How I Met Your Mother‘s Cobie Smulders and Saturday Night Live‘s Taran Killam, whom you probably either didn’t know or forgot were dating each other, got hitched too. So you’ll have to take your weirdo fantasies about his Michael Cera impersonation elsewhere, creep. [People]
• Beyoncé loves changing diapers. “I love changing diapers,” she said. [Us]
• For the first time since 2005, the band Rocket from the Crypt reunited… to play an episode of the kids’ show Yo Gabba Gabba!. Huh? Just go with it. [Pitchfork]