Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• A shark attacked Australian pro-surfer Mick Fanning during the J-Bay competition in South Africa. Fanning escaped unscathed, and the whole incident was caught on live television. [The Guardian]
• A 21-year-old man was found dead in Demi Moore’s pool in Los Angeles following a party. Moore was out of town and, according to TMZ, the party was thrown by her “caretaker.” [TMZ]
• Eli Roth’s digital network CrypTV is producing a live murder mystery to air via Snapchat. Sigh. [Variety]
• Ant-Man won the box office. Trainwreck did pretty well too. [BOM]
• Kendrick Lamar is ending gang warfare in L.A. one pair of Reeboks at a time. Here is a video of a Crip and a Piru discussing his new sneakers. [Pitchfork]
• Here is the first full track from Meow the Jewels, “Meowrly.” [Soundcloud]
• Donald Trump is an idiot. [NBC]