BEYONCÉ IN JULY WITH A NIPPED-IN WAIST—WHICH, CONSPIRACY THEORISTS ARGUE, SHE MIGHT STILL HAVE!
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the Columbus Day weekend.
• Rumor has it Beyoncé isn’t actually, herself, pregnant—she’s just wearing a memory-foam prosthetic belly while an unknown surrogate carries the golden child to term. Some screengrabs of the weekend’s Sunday Night HD, which seem to show Beyoncé’s bump folding as she sits down, support the theory. [ONTD]
• Despite this intriguing conspiracy theory, Beyoncé’s certainly acting like she’s the one who’s pregnant—and she’s announced she’s due in February. [People]
Former Weezer bassist Mikey Welsh was found dead in a hotel room in Chicago on Saturday. He had written a couple of eerie tweets before his death—including one reading, “dreamt I died in Chicago next weekend (heart attack in my sleep). Need to write my will today.” Welsh had addiction issues and had suffered a mental breakdown in 2001; toxicology results have so far been inconclusive. [THR]
• Real Steel (working title: Robots Boxing) won the weekend box office with $27M, followed by The Ides of March with $10M. The rest of the top 5—Dolphin Tale, Moneyball, and 50/50, didn’t even break $10M each. [BOM]
• The Kardashian universe is just a never-ending moneymaking sinkhole; sources suggest the family makes $50 million a year on its scents alone. [WWD]
• Yesterday, Kanye West and Russell Simmons joined the famous names (Jeff Mangum, Michael Moore, Susan Sarandon, Talib Kweli) who’ve paid visits to Occupy Wall Street. [Pitchfork]
• Lady Gaga’s former pal and DJ (and Interview online contributor) Brendan Sullivan sold his memoir, Texts, Drugs & Rock ‘n’ Roll, to HarperCollins. Congrats! [P6]
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Kendall Jenner
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up