Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The Emmy’s happened. Andy Samberg hosted and actually did a good job. It was HBO’s night with Veep winning five awards (for Tony Hale, Julie Louis Dreyfus, the writers, the casting director, and the series in general), Olive Kitteridge taking home seven awards (Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, Richard Jenkins, Lisa Cholodenko, and Jane Anderson, among others), Game of Thrones winning nine awards (including Best Drama, which, as much as we love the show, seems like a stretch), and Bessie winning Outstanding Television Movie. Transparent did pretty well for Amazon, taking home five Emmys (including one for Jeffrey Tambour and Jill Soloway). American Horror Story was robbed and just got Best Prosthetic Makeup. It was a slow night for Netflix: House of Cards and Orange is the New Black took home two awards and one award respectively. [CNN]
• In other Emmy news, Tracy Morgan appeared on stage for the first time since his crash 15 months ago. [Deadline]
• Romance author Jackie Collins passed away on Saturday. She was 77. [The Guardian]
• Drake and Future released a mixtape titled What a Time to Be Alive. [Pitchfork]
• Alison Williams got married in Wyoming. [ET]