Face Value: The 2011 VMAs
Published August 29, 2011
It seems like every year, the MTV Video Music Awards is obligated to play host to some kind of event guaranteed to make headlines the next day: the Britney/Christina/Madonna kiss, the Kanye interruption, the meat dress. This year didn’t disappoint: an Amy Winehouse tribute, Lady Gaga’s male alter ego nearly kissing Britney Spears, Jay-Z refusing to clap for Chris Brown, and a Beyoncé pregnancy announcement? Oh my!
While the VMAs made for great tabloid fodder, we’re (slightly) more interested in the faces that strutted across the red carpet last night. From pink hair to spray tans, chignons to bouffants, click the slideshow above to view our annual best and worst faces—hair and makeup, naturally—of the 2011 VMAs.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation