Published July 4, 2016
SHORTS: LOPEZ’S OWN. STYLING: MIGUEL ENAMORADO. COSMETICS: ARMANI, INCLUDING MAESTRO GLOW NOURISHING FUSION MAKEUP. HAIR PRODUCTS: BUMBLE AND BUMBLE, INCLUDING SPRAY DE MODE. HAIR: LAURENT PHILIPPON FOR BUMBLE AND BUMBLE. MAKEUP: KRISTI MATAMOROS FOR ARMANI BEAUTY/FRANK REPS. SET DESIGN: JULIET JERNIGAN/CLM. PRODUCTION: BO ZHANG/MANAGEMENT ARTISTS. DIGITAL TECHNICIAN: NATALIA READ-HARBER. SPECIAL THANKS: STUDIO 250.
Two-time Olympic gold medalist; five-time world champion; one of People‘s 50 Hottest Bachelors in 2004.
BORN: New York.
HOMETOWN: Sugar Land, TX.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RITUALS OR SUPERSTITIONS? I read the Bible every night. And every morning, I look in the mirror and say, “Today is going to be a great day.”
GREATEST FEAR: Regret.
DO YOU HAVE A RECURRING DREAM? Two: one is me on the first place podium and the other is me free-falling.
SECRET TALENT: I’m a good dancer.
DEATH ROW MEAL: My mom’s chuleta, tostones, rice and beans.
CHOSEN SUPERPOWER: Teleporting.
WHO WERE YOU IN A PAST LIFE? An eagle.
WHO WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO MEET? Will Ferrell.
For more from our Golden Year portfolio, click here. To learn more about Team USA, visit teamusa.org. The Rio Olympics begin August 5 on NBC.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Matilda De Angelis on Her First Onscreen Kiss—with Nicole Kidman
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season