WHEN IT COMES TO HIGHLANDERS AND MADONNAS, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.
Happy Tuesday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the long Memorial Day weekend.
• Madonna did a mash-up of “Express Yourself” and Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way” in rehearsal—and she did not mean it as a compliment. [Vulture/NYM]
• Clint Eastwood’s 19-year-old daughter, Francesca, took a chainsaw to a $100,000 red crocodile Birkin bag and then set it on fire, for artistic purposes. Obviously, people—both fashion fans and those disgusted by the excess—got a little upset; but we can’t help but think the person who wrote on Twitter that she “could have used a cheap Kmart bag” probably rather missed the point. [P6]
• MIB3 won the long weekend box office with a very respectable $70M, finally knocking off The Avengers (which still made $46.9M; nothing to scoff at, particularly for its fourth weekend). Battleship, The Dictator, and Dark Shadows pulled in with $13.8M, $11.8M, and $9.4M. [BOM]
• Amanda Bynes has been accused of another hit-and-run in California—in a BMW 5 Series on loan from Enterprise Rent-A-Car. [TMZ]
• Cynthia Nixon married her long-term girlfriend Christine Marinoni in custom Carolina Herrera over the weekend. Aww, mazel tov! [People]