A Christmas Duck
Published December 23, 2009
While Americans will be choosing between Avatar and Up in the Air this Christmas, we have learned, via Slate, that the people of Sweden (one in four of them, anyway) will be settling in for another viewing of the 1958 Walt Disney Presents Christmas special From All of Us to All of You, starring Donald Duck. Kalle Anka and Friends, as it’s known in Sweden, which follows Donald as he is “tormented by a demented Aracuan Bird during a luckless ornithological expedition” has been airing every Christmas Eve on TV1, sans commercials, since 1959. The Christmas lesson of the story is unclear but, in an effort to increase our understanding of a country that gifts the world with statuesque blondes all year long, we have it here. God Jull!
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Marc Jacobs Thinks Men Should Wear Makeup