A Christmas Duck
Published December 23, 2009
While Americans will be choosing between Avatar and Up in the Air this Christmas, we have learned, via Slate, that the people of Sweden (one in four of them, anyway) will be settling in for another viewing of the 1958 Walt Disney Presents Christmas special From All of Us to All of You, starring Donald Duck. Kalle Anka and Friends, as it’s known in Sweden, which follows Donald as he is “tormented by a demented Aracuan Bird during a luckless ornithological expedition” has been airing every Christmas Eve on TV1, sans commercials, since 1959. The Christmas lesson of the story is unclear but, in an effort to increase our understanding of a country that gifts the world with statuesque blondes all year long, we have it here. God Jull!
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show