Despite the pervading machismo often found in the culinary world, the women behind the new biannual food publication Cherry Bombe are sharpening their proverbial knives to provide sustenance for the eyes and mind—as well as the palate. Founded by Me Magazine‘s Claudia Wu and PR veteran/restaurateur Kerry Diamond, Cherry Bombe focuses on women and food. “It’s the opposite of the Yelp/fast-food/Food Network universe that exists,” Diamond says. “We wanted to highlight the people doing beautiful, interesting, important things.” The inaugural “Tastemakers Issue,” featuring Karlie Kloss, Gabrielle Hamilton, and Sofia Coppola, is out now.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun