Tommy Cash, the Eastern European performance artist and musician single-handedly responsible for making Estonian hip-hop a thing, has always leaned into his Soviet roots. So when we asked him and a few co-conspirators to take some pictures across a frozen Russian landscape, we expected some Cold War vibes. What we were not expecting was a tank.
This article appears in the March 2020 issue of Interview Magazine. Subscribe here.
Creative Direction: Tommy Cash
Grooming: Irina Grishina and Fariza Rodriguez
Set Design: Egor Kolyshkin
Production: Kate Korostey
Photography Assistant: Daria Obolentseva
Fashion Assistant: Liza Girlina
Set Design Assistants: Stepan Steps and Nikita Svirs
Post-production: Anna Kott
Special Thanks: SVMoscow Store, Alexander Trubnikov, and Ilya Turov
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Kimberly Drew and Jenna Wortham Talk to Janicza Bravo About Black Futures
- Nico Tortorella on Getting Kicked Out of Hotels and the Perfect Gravy