22; Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn; originally from Manhattan. Filmmaker and half of the artist duo Mike and Claire with Michael Bailey-Gates.
How do you describe yourself?
I’m an artist working with film, performance, costumes, colors, and stories.
What would you like to do?
Keep making work, performing, moving. One day I want to be able to fund a residency for young artists and people who need love. I’d like to be remembered as the girl who got everyone dancing at the retirement-home party.
What turns you on-creatively, romantically?
Everything? People are nuts. Music is special. California drives me insane in the best way. I love colors, humor. Boys with lines shaved in their eyebrows—that’s a plus.
For more from The Downtowners, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old