The xx Are An Island
Published April 21, 2010
The video for the xx‘s “Islands” (a single off their debut album, xx) saw online release today. The clip–a series of takes of dancers performing a seemingly repetitive piece of choreography–looks a little like the Gap’s Khaki-a-Go-Go ads from the 90s, but with an all-black palette and minus the swing music (the ending is also a lot less cheerful). The band also stars in the video, though they never manage to join their own dance party.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Kali Uchis and Steve Lacy on Lighting Up and Letting Go
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward