M.I.A. Makes Lemonade
Published January 14, 2010
Earlier this week, M.I.A. posted a mysterious video to her Twitter labeled “THERES SPACE FOR OL DAT I SEE.” Now, there’s word from Interscope that the track, called “Space Odyessy,” will appear on her forthcoming album, set for release this summer. The track is reportedly a diss directed at the New York Times, which included M.I.A.’s (very troubled) home country of Sri Lanka on a list of travel suggestions for 2010. She initially responded to the piece with a series of graphic Twitter posts but, apparently, those weren’t enough: According to her publicist, the clip (above) was created for $100 on Monday night in an effort to underscore the paper’s blunder.
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Provocative, Uninhibited, and Naked Bodies of Spyros Rennt
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse