If you’re not yet excited for Black Panther, count on the film’s latest sample track to pump you up for Marvel’s upcoming blockbuster.
The still unnamed song off of the Black Panther album debuted in a teaser for the film yesterday, featuring a collaboration between rappers Kendrick Lamar and Vince Staples. With rhythmic percussion and and a meteoric beat—played here against the backdrop of Chadwick Boseman’s rippling biceps—this track is the thing that might actually get you to the gym in 2018.
The only other song released from the movie so far is the lead single: a sultry, more slowed down duet between Lamar and SZA, “All the Stars.”
Lamar also serves as curator and co-producer of the soundtrack, alongside Anthony “Top Dawg” Tiffith of Top Dawg Entertainment. Swedish composer Ludwig Göransson is responsible for the film score.
Black Panther the album drops February 9, while Black Panther the movie hits theaters on February 16. Watch the teaser below.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art