Brooklyn duo FEVER HIGH are about to release their debut full-length, titled FHNY. In advance, the duo — comprised of Reni Lane and Anna Nordeen — have shared a new song titled “Good Advice,” a fizzy blast of electro-pop which Lane and Nordeen describe as “our take on unsolicited advice; how it feels to be on the receiving end of it and how to brush it off.” The song has a surprising guest star — none other than Jurassic Park star Jeff Goldblum, who appears in the second half and delivers an absurdist monologue about indigo shirts and Fiddler On The Roof. In a press release, Lane explains that she knew Jeff through a mutual friend, Vincent D’Onofrio. “We bonded over our mutual love of jazz piano and stayed in touch,” she recalls. “When we sent him ‘Good Advice’ and asked him to improvise something, to my delight he sent us an 8 minute rant of hilarious anecdotes about bad advice he’d been given in his career.” Reached for comment, Goldblum gave us a cryptic quote about his appearance on the song: “I don’t need your guidance, Mrs. Motes,” he said, attributing the phrase to “ten-year-old Jeff Goldblum.”
Stream the song below, and look out for FHNY later this fall.
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet