Interview’s Talent Show: Oliver Ackermann
Published January 28, 2015
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
Oliver Ackermann’s band, the Brooklyn-based trio A Place to Bury Strangers, will release their fourth studio album Transfixiation next month via Dead Oceans. If you’re interested in modern music, Ackermann’s a good person to pay attention to: in addition to his work with APTBS, the RISD-grad is the founder of Death by Audio and designs and creates guitar pedals for the likes of Nine Inch Nails, U2, Wilco, and The Flaming Lips. For our fortnightly talent show, Ackermann assembles one of his pedals in under 60 seconds.