In his new video for “Drone On,” Brooklyn-based DJ Physical Therapy, the “urban cowboy,” drives along a grass-lined highway in an all-white cowboy suit (complete with a crisp white Stetson). He is, it seems, in search of his bride, played by Jamie Krasner. His pick-up is littered with cow-print balloons, cans, and a “just married” cardboard sign, and an angsty, ash-ladened cigarette hangs from his left hand. It is a curious, inspired mix of sound and imagery: Euro dance beats and Klausner’s ethereal vocals bleeding into drum and bass, accompanying shots of turntables in a wheat field, roller-skating brides, and a cowboy dressed for Saint Tropez. The video, directed by Jake Moore and styled by Akeem Smith, is the first from Physical Therapy’s debut EP, Safety Net, and we’re happy to offer you an exclusive premiere, which you can stream above.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat