More Wild Things
Published August 7, 2009
The film adaptation of Where the Wild Things Are isn’t out until October 16th, but the publicity machine behind Spike Jonze’s live action-suitmation-animatronics-CGI fantasy show is wasting no time in taking advantage of the apparently ubiquitous affection for the children’s book by Maurice Sendak. Last night, a second trailer for the film (the first is here) was released. Set to The Arcade Fire’s alternately mournful and exuberant “Wake Up,” the clip is all autumnal coloring and saturated light and shots of wide, slightly alien desert and ocean. When a benevolent, James Gandolfini-voiced monster offers to build a place where “All the things you want to happen would happen,” it’s difficult not to get caught up.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road