The 2015 Oscars are fast upon us! Wes Anderson and his film The Grand Budapest Hotel are up for three awards: Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay. These serve as his fourth, fifth, and sixth nominations.
“The first director I was ever aware of was Alfred Hitchcock–before I even understood the idea of a director. I was aware of Hitchcock because of The Alfred Hitchcock Collection. That was the first time I was aware that there’s a guy who is not in the movie who’s on the front of the box. He’s responsible.” –Wes Anderson to Arnaud Desplechin, Interview, October 2009.
Read the full interview here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy