Best Supporting Actor: Nick Nolte
Photography Enrico Dungca
Published February 9, 2012
ABOVE: JAMES COBURN (LEFT) AND NICK NOLTE.
Among the Best Supporting Actor hopefuls is Nick Nolte, nominated for his role in Warrior—his third Oscar nomination. Nolte’s last Oscar nomination was in 1999 for his film Afflication. We spoke to Nolte and his Affliction co-star, James Coburn for our February 1999 issue and he had some pretty interesting things to say about incorporating his personal experiences into his performances:
“You do come to a point where you can get your life in control a bit. But going through life, you discover these deep, dark things in yourself that you can’t run away from, so you have to learn to embrace them. I mean, the difference between a murderer and myself is only that I choose not to do it. But I’m capable.”
Click here to read the full interview.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse