Into the Woods marks Meryl Streep’s nine-millionth Oscar nomination…or at least her 19th. She’s won three Academy Awards for The Iron Lady in 2012, Sophie’s Choice in 1983, and Kramer vs. Kramer in 19820.
“If you have a brain, you are obliged to use it. That’s why, in terms of scripts, I could never understand reviews of really loathsome movies that excuse the actors by saying, “They do the best they can with the dreadful material they have.” Why did they take the dreadful material? I’m talking about actors who are not struggling.” –Meryl Streep to Wendy Wasserstein, Interview, December 1988
To read the full interview, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy