The 2015 Oscars are fast upon us! Among the Best Actress hopefuls is Marion Cotillard, nominated for her role in the Dardenne brothers’ Two Days, One Night. This is Cotillard’s second nomination—she won the Best Actress Award in 2008 for her portrayal of singer Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose.
“My parents never told me anything about how hard the job would be. My parents were actors too. I don’t even know if when I wanted to be an actress, they went, ‘Oh, shit.’ I must ask them. I mean, an actor has a huge failure in him. And this is not a weakness–this can make you strong. But it’s deep.” –Marion Cotillard to John Cameron Mitchell, Interview, March 2014.
To read the full interview, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again