Ethan Hawke is nominated for his role in Richard Linklater’s 12-year epic Boyhood. It is his fourth Academy Award nomination—he was nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay alongside Linklater and Julie Delpy in 2005 and 2014, and Best Supporting Actor for Training Day in 2002.
“I’m so cautious and weary of patting myself on the back about any accolades because ultimately there are so many people that are doing better work than me that haven’t gotten those kinds of things. I’m weary of giving them too much power in my life, so I try not to feel very good about any of them.” –Ethan Hawke to Emma Brown, Interview Online, June 2012
To read the full interview, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress