Last week, after news broke that brothers Stephen and Donald Glover would no longer be writing and producing the forthcoming animated Deadpool series for FX Networks, Donald posted a 15 page script for the show on Twitter. The script, which has since been deleted, included a scene in which Deadpool reflects on the show’s cancellation, wondering if it was “too black” for the network.
Now, Stephen has weighed in, shedding new light on why the brothers and the network parted ways.
“There really was a Taylor Swift episode. It was HILARIOUS. And it definitely was the last straw lol,” Stephen wrote in a tweet (also since-deleted), as pointed out by SPIN. “Our show wasn’t too black. It wasn’t really that black at all. But we definitely wanted to give ‘Rick and Morty’ a run for their money and I think we would have.”
You can check out Donald Glover’s interview with his Atlanta co-star Zazie Beets here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun