In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Originally released in 2001 and directed by Antoine Fuqua, Training Day tells the story of LAPD narcotics officer Jake Hoyt (Ethan Hawke) as he tackles his first day on the job as part of a narcotics team led by Alonzo Harris (Denzel Washington). As the day progresses, Hoyt finds himself caught between drug dealers and millions of dollars as he must decide what is the right thing to do versus the easiest.
It was announced a few weeks ago that Training Day will get a new series on CBS based on the film and helmed by Fuqua. The series will follow newcomer Kyle as he tackles the murky waters of the LAPD, 15 after the original. Kyle must become the partner of a crooked cop, Frank Rourke, who will be played by Bill Paxton, in order to gain information for the Deputy Chief (Hawke). Here, we present a few ideas of who should star alongside Paxton.
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Matilda De Angelis on Her First Onscreen Kiss—with Nicole Kidman
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season