In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
While catching up on our film news, we came across a new Disney/Pixar film planned for 2014, The Good Dinosaur. We believe this title refers to the extinct clade of creatures, not someone named Good Dinosaur (Good Will Hunting taught us not to make assumptions about such things) and are consequently rather excited. It’s been a while since we’ve seen a satisfying prehistoric pic—those weird 20 minutes in The Tree of Life notwithstanding—and just think of all the interactive three-dimensional possibilities!
We were initially worried about whether Disney would limit Dinosaur‘s characters to creatures from the same geological period—the Triassic, Jurassic, Cretaceous and what-have-yous. A potential dilemma; we are not paleontologists and do not wish to upset those who are. Bob Peterson, one of the film’s co-directors, will not confirm whether The Good Dinosaur will feature humans; however, we feel comfortable misleading impressionable children with a confused conception of prehistory.
In the following slideshow, we imagine and cast six characters we’d like to feature in the film. Given the history of Pixar films, we are approaching The Good Dinosaur as a comedy.
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Kimberly Drew and Jenna Wortham Talk to Janicza Bravo About Black Futures
- Nico Tortorella on Getting Kicked Out of Hotels and the Perfect Gravy