In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Can a horror film be just a horror film if it is based on a real account? Originally released in 1983, The Entity follows Carla Moran (real name Doris Bither), a single mother who claims to have been sexually assaulted by a poltergeist. With the encouragement of her friend Cindy, Carla enlists the help of a skeptical psychologist, Dr. Schniederman. As the attacks continue, parapsychologists intervene and attempt to trap the poltergeist.
The Hollywood Reporter announced that James Wan (The Conjuring, Insidious, Saw) is set to co-produce the remake of The Entity with Roy Lee (Shutter, The Grudge, The Ring), with Chad and Carey Hayes (The Conjuring, House of Wax) writing the script. Such a reputable team deserves a stellar cast—click through the slideshow above to see which actors we think are up to the job.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy