It’s only been 12 years since the last live-action Scooby Doo reboot, but zoinks! Things sure have changed since then: Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddy Prinze, Jr., who in 2002 were the anointed couple at the top of their teen-comedy pyramid, are still (thankfully) happily married, with a couple of kids, but haven’t been up to a whole lot professionally in recent years. And who’d have thought Velma and Shaggy would be where they are now—Linda Cardellini with her arresting turn on Mad Men, and Matthew Lillard with a respected role on FX drama The Bridge and a host of good notices for his part in The Descendants?
But that’s all in the past! Warner Bros. wants to introduce a whole new (micro)generation to Fred, Scooby and the gang, with Randall Green set to write. We don’t know anything about what kind of case the gang of teen detectives will be solving, but we have some ideas about whom we’d like to see playing them. Read on to find out whom we’d suggest—are you thinking what we’re thinking?
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Thirstory: Diana Ross Is the Boss
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again